Town of Northwood NH

Frequently Asked Questions

Make a selection below to filter FAQ results:

State Welfare:  The NH Department of Health and Human Services is a State Welfare program that includes Food Stamps, FANF/FAP (Financial Assistance for Needy Families/Financial Assistance Program), Medicaid, APTD (Aid for the Permanent and Totally Disabled), Title XX (Child Care), OAA (Old Age Assistance), etc.  If you live in Rockingham County, you may call the Portsmouth District Office at (603) 433-8300 to find out if you are eligible for any of these programs.

Local Welfare:  Every city and town in New Hampshire has a local welfare office where an individual may apply for emergency assistance in compliance with RSA 165.

Yes, the Town of Northwood has a Food Pantry located at Saint Joseph's Church Parish Hall .  They are open: The First Saturday of the month from 9:30 -11:00AM, the Second Monday of the month from 2:00 - 3:30 PM and the last Wednesday of the month from 9:00 - 10:30. In an Emergency Situation you can call the Human Services Office at 942-5586 ext. 208 and set up an appointment.

Call Coordinated Entry at (603) 435-2448 during the week until 5PM. Leave them a message if no one picks up. They will call you back ASAP. The number that will show up when they call back is (603) 435-2500.

If it is after 5PM or a weekend call 211.

You can also contact your local Human Services or Welfare Office.

The Community Action Program provides income eligible households with assistance in paying home energy bills (oil, kerosene, natural gas, propane, wood, electricity, and/or coal) during the winter heating season.  FAP (Fuel Assistance Program) prioritizes households with at least one member who is elderly, disabled and/or a child under age 6.  Eligibility is based on household size, household income, and annual home energy costs.  Homeowners and renters (including renters with heat included) may be eligible for FAP.  If you live in Rockingham County you may contact Rockingham Community Action Program at (603) 895-2303.

Yes!  The Lamprey HealthCare - Senior Transportation Program (1-800-582-7214) offers transportation for senior and disable Northwood residents every Tuesday.  Transportation is offered for medical appointments, shopping trips or a monthly recreational trip.  It is FREE but if you can afford it, there is a suggested donation of $3.00 

 Ready Rides at (603) 244-8719. Provides free rides to medical appointments for those over 65 or Disabled.

For information about HUD Section 8 low-income housing please contact the NH Housing Finance Authority at (800) 439-7247.

Service Link can be contacted at: (603) 334-6594.

Veteran's Count at: (603) 315-4354 or Supportive Services for Veteran Families at: (603) 882-3616.

Yes Call NH Health Access at: (603) 225-0900. You must be income eligible.

Yes the NH Medication Bridge program can often help. Call them at: (603) 225-0900.

Lamprey Health Care in Raymond. Contact them at: (603) 895-3316.