Frequently Asked Questions

Make a selection below to filter FAQ results:

Yes the NH Medication Bridge program can often help. Call them at: (603) 225-0900.

Yes, the Town of Northwood has a Food Pantry located at Saint Joseph's Church Parish Hall .  They are open: The First Saturday of the month from 9:30 -11:00AM, the Second Monday of the month from 2:00 - 3:30 PM and the last Wednesday of the month from 9:00 - 10:30. In an Emergency Situation you can call the Human Services Office at 942-5586 ext. 208 and set up an appointment.

Yes Call NH Health Access at: (603) 225-0900. You must be income eligible.

For information about HUD Section 8 low-income housing please contact the NH Housing Finance Authority at (800) 439-7247.

Click the link below for Absentee Ballot information.  Once completed drop off your application in the silver drop-box outside the Town Clerk's office or mail to 818 First New Hampshire Turnpike, Northwood, NH 03261. You may also hand in person during business hours to the clerk.

Submit an Application for Replacement Plates and/or Decals, along with your current registration.

The cost is $4.00 at the Town or $1.00 at the Department of Motor Vehicles.

Please complete the Application for Vanity Plates in its entirety.  You must also determine if the Vanity Plate of your choice is available prior to meeting with the Town Clerk's office.  The cost is $48.00 for the first year ($40 for vanity and the $8 initial cost of plate) and $40.00 annually thereafter.  

NH Department of Motor Vehicles Vanity Plates Information Page


Participant Registration

Most programs have a minimum number of participants needed in order for the program to run.  Please register early to help avoid program cancellations. 

How to Register

Download the registration form from the Files&Document tab above, print, complete, and return to the Recreation Department with a check payable to “Town of Northwood”. 

Three ways to return forms:

  1. Mail forms to Recreation Department, 818 First NH Turnpike, Northwood, NH 03261
  2. Drop forms off at the Town Hall in the main office, Monday - Thursday, 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM. 
  3. Drop forms in the drop box in front of the Town Hall before or after work hours.   

Photo Policy

We may take photographs and/or video of program participants for our marketing purposes only.  If you do not want your child to be photographed please note this on you Registration Form.

Returned Check Policy

A $30.00 processing charge will be assessed for any checks returned by your bank as not payable.

Recreation Scholarships

The Northwood Recreation Department tries to keep it’s program fees at an affordable level.  If you have an unusual family financial situation that limits participation due to the fee, please fill out the Scholarship Form.  Scholarships are available for many (but not all) youth programs.  Scholarships are not available to non-residents or for adult programs.

Make your request through the Town's website below.  The Town Clerk's office will mail the certificate to you or you can arrange to pick it up.  You must email the Town Clerk's office a copy of your photo ID. 

Vital Records Request

If you think you might be interested in joining the Recreation Commission, please contact Rec Director Scott Blewitt at (603) 942-5586 ext. 2011 or attend one of our Commission meetings. They're held the first Tuesday of every month @6:00 pm at the Center School next to Town Hall.  The Recreation Commission is responsible for all of the wonderful community events in town like Trunk or Treat, the Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony and the Easter Egg Hunt, to name a few. These events can't happen without volunteer work of the Recreation Commission! Please consider joining!

New Hampshire law (RSA 466:1) requires all dogs to be licensed at four months of age. The license renewal period is January 1 through April 30. When you register a dog, you must show proof that the dog has a valid rabies vaccination.

Register your dog(s) by drop box at the town hall, by mail, in person or you may also license online through the Town Clerk’s website page.

If submitting payment by mail or drop box, please enclose a copy of the current rabies vaccination information and/or neutering certificate if applicable (this will be sent back to you), a check/money order made payable to the Town of Northwood, mail to:

Town of Northwood-Town Clerk
818 First NH Tpke
Northwood, NH 03261

Dog License Fees:

  • $9.00 for unaltered dogs
  • $6.50 for spayed or neutered dogs
  • $2.00 for 1st dog only with an owner over 65 (will need owners date of birth "NOT the dog")
  • $20.00 for group license of 5 or more dogs

Dog License Late Fees:

In addition to the license fees provided in RSA 466:4, there shall be a charge of $1.00 for each month if said fees are not paid before June 1st in any year. For an example, June 1st- $1.00 late fee in addition to regular fees, July 1st - $2.00 late fee in addition to regular fees, August 1st $3.00 in addition to regular fees and so on. June/July if a dog is not renewed a fine is added $25 on top of registration and late fees.

Please contact the Town Clerk's office to update our records if you no longer own a dog in order to avoid receiving past due letters and late fees.

There are 3 options at this time: Registration and stickers will be mailed to you

  1. Renew Online through the EB2 Gov website-this will require your routing and account number from checking account: Online Vehicle Registration
  2. Mail your renewal notice with a check, money order or certified check to:

    Town of Northwood
    818 First NH Turnpike
    Northwood, NH 03261

  3. Drop off a check, money order or certified check in the silver drop box which is located next to the Town Clerk’s door.  Please include your renewal notice, copy of your registration(s)s or plate number(s) on memo line, in order for the renewal to be processed. 

The NH Tax Kiosk is a website configured by the Town to provide a method by which you can easily access property tax information on the Internet at any time of day without having to contact the Tax Collector.  Click below to access the NH Tax Kiosk

New Hampshire Tax Kiosk

Complete an Application for Duplicate Title submit it along with a fee of $25.00 to the Department of Motor Vehicles.  Note the Town does not process duplicate titles.

Department of Motor Vehicles
25 Hazen Drive
Concord, NH 03305

Submit an Application for Copy of Registration AND Application for Replacement Plates and/or Decals.

The cost is $22.00 at the Town or $16.00 at the Department of Motor Vehicles. 

Submit an Application for Copy of Registration.

The cost is $18.00 at the Town or $15.00 at the Department of Motor Vehicles. 

You will need to provide your photo ID, Bill of Sale and one of the three options below:

  1. Certificate of Origin
  2. VIN Verification Form
  3. Prior Owners Registration

Verification of Vehicle Identification

You either need the prior owners registration or you will need to get a VIN verification done from the Police Dept. or an Authorized NH Inspection Station.  Please call 603-942-8284 to arrange for an Officer to verify your VIN at your residence.  

Verification of Vehicle Identification

You must provide your photo ID along with proof of residency to the Town Clerk.  Examples include:

  • Copy of deed
  • Rental agreement
  • Utility bill

The Record Change Request will need to be completed and submitted along with your registration request.  If you do not need to process a registration but you would like to change your address with the DMV, you only need to mail the application to:

Department of Motor Vehicles
23 Hazen Drive
Concord, NH 03305

Veteran's Count at: (603) 315-4354 or Supportive Services for Veteran Families at: (603) 882-3616.

Yes!  The Lamprey HealthCare - Senior Transportation Program (1-800-582-7214) offers transportation for senior and disable Northwood residents every Tuesday.  Transportation is offered for medical appointments, shopping trips or a monthly recreational trip.  It is FREE but if you can afford it, there is a suggested donation of $3.00 

 Ready Rides at (603) 244-8719. Provides free rides to medical appointments for those over 65 or Disabled.

Please fill out the application below and submit it with your original registration.  The cost is $4.00 for one plate or $8.00 for two plates.  This can be done at the Town Clerk’s office or you can mail a check to the DMV and the cost is less:

Dept. of Motor Vehicles
23 Hazen Drive
Concord, NH 03305

Application For Replacement Plates and/or Decals

New Vehicle Registrations take approximately 20 minutes.

You must bring the following in order complete your transaction: 

  1. Title application or Title to your new vehicle
  2. Copy of your photo ID OR photo ID placed inside a baggie
  3. A signed check made out to the TOWN OF NORTHWOOD (amount left blank for Town Clerk to fill in)

All of the above documents will need to be deposited into the silver drop box next to the Town Clerk's door. Please call the office at 603-942-5586 once you've dropped off the documents at the time of your appt. You will then wait in your vehicle and we will let you know once it's completed.

Click Here to Schedule an Appointment

If you are transferring plates, you can drop off the items below in the silver drop box next to the Town Clerk’s door.  Your new registration will be mailed ASAP.

  1. Title application or Title to your new vehicle
  2. Registration from vehicle you are transferring from (plates cannot be transferred without this)
  3. Copy of your photo ID
  4. A signed check made out to the TOWN OF NORTHWOOD (amount left blank for Town Clerk to fill in)

To pay your property taxes you can drop off a check/money order/certified check in the silver drop box next to the Town Clerk/Tax Collector's door. Please put address or Map/Lot/Sub number on memo line.

You may also mail payment to Town Clerk/Tax Collector, 818 First NH Turnpike, Northwood, NH 03261. Please put address or Map/Lot/Sub number on memo line.

*Credit/Debit Cards accepted on line: Visa, Master Card, Discover & American Express (2.79% fee plus a transaction fee)              *Credit/Debit Cards accepted in our office: Visa, Master Card & Discover ONLY (3% fee)

To register to vote prior for an election, you have two options:

When registering in person:  Applicants for registration who possess proof of identity, age, citizenship, and domicile would bring that proof when they come to register at the town Clerks Office. 

Register at the polls on Election Day.

FOR YOUR INFORMATION: your check may take several days before it comes back to us for NSF (Non-Sufficient Funds), Unable to Locate, Account Closed etc.

  1. Your returned/bounced check and documentation from the bank is forwarded to the Finance Director
  2. Finance will contact customer/resident by mail to make repayment plus a $25.00 penalty fee. PAYMENT CAN ONLY be in a form of a Bank Check, Money Order or Cash
  3. NO response, a certified letter is sent for repayment *also the certified mailing fee will now be added to previous amount and penalty
  4. NO response-check/documentation is turned over to the Northwood Police Department for collection

The Community Action Program provides income eligible households with assistance in paying home energy bills (oil, kerosene, natural gas, propane, wood, electricity, and/or coal) during the winter heating season.  FAP (Fuel Assistance Program) prioritizes households with at least one member who is elderly, disabled and/or a child under age 6.  Eligibility is based on household size, household income, and annual home energy costs.  Homeowners and renters (including renters with heat included) may be eligible for FAP.  If you live in Rockingham County you may contact Rockingham Community Action Program at (603) 895-2303.

State Welfare:  The NH Department of Health and Human Services is a State Welfare program that includes Food Stamps, FANF/FAP (Financial Assistance for Needy Families/Financial Assistance Program), Medicaid, APTD (Aid for the Permanent and Totally Disabled), Title XX (Child Care), OAA (Old Age Assistance), etc.  If you live in Rockingham County, you may call the Portsmouth District Office at (603) 433-8300 to find out if you are eligible for any of these programs.

Local Welfare:  Every city and town in New Hampshire has a local welfare office where an individual may apply for emergency assistance in compliance with RSA 165.

Service Link can be contacted at: (603) 334-6594.

Lamprey Health Care in Raymond. Contact them at: (603) 895-3316.

Call Coordinated Entry at (603) 435-2448 during the week until 5PM. Leave them a message if no one picks up. They will call you back ASAP. The number that will show up when they call back is (603) 435-2500.

If it is after 5PM or a weekend call 211.

You can also contact your local Human Services or Welfare Office.