The Town of Northwood has adopted an exemption for the blind. A resident of Northwood who is legally blind as determined by the State of New Hampshire Department of Education, Bureau of Services for Blind and Visually Impaired shall have the exemption amount of $15,000 subtracted each year from the property assessment. The applicant must occupy the property as their principal place of abode and own the property as of April 1st of the year application is made.
Filing deadline is April 15. Applications are accepted after January 1.
- Applies only to primary residential property
- Applicant must be determined legally blind by NH Services for the Blind and submit to the Assessors Office a certification letter from State of New Hampshire Bureau of Services for Blind and Visually Impaired.
- Exemption: $15,000 reduction from the assessed value.
- Permanent Application must be filed with the Northwood Assessing Department by April 15.
- Applications for this exemption are available at the Assessing Office at Northwood Hall.
1.) PERMANENT APPLICATION FOR PROPERTY TAX CREDITS/EXEMPTIONS - PA-29 FORM
2.) IF PROPERTY/ESTATE IS IN A TRUST - PA-33 FORM
3.) FORM FROM THE NH SERVICES FOR THE BLIND
State of New Hampshire Department of Education, Bureau of Services for Blind and Visually Impaired can be contacted at:
21 Fruit Street Suite #20
Concord, NH 03301-8508